The Candidate is advised to ensure that he / she is eligible for admission to the PGDM programme as per the Eligibility criteria / Norms of the Institute mentioned below.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
In order to secure admission to the two-year full time course, the candidate should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Passed with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (Aggregate marks means the grand total of marks obtained by the candidate in subjects based on which the class declaration is made in the particular University from which the candidate is passing the qualifying examination. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree.) or equivalent CGPA in any Bachelor’s Degree awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an ACT of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be Deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 of minimum three years duration in any discipline recognized by Association of Indian Universities (10+2+3) or possess an equivalent qualifications recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the Final Year Examination of any Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration can also apply subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria of admission.
- Appearing/Appeared and secured non-zero positive score or marks or equivalent score in any one of the equivalent examination viz.: CET-MAH-MBA / MMS (conducted by DTE, Maharashtra State), CAT (conducted by IIMs), MAT (conducted by AIMA), XAT (conducted by XLRI), ATMA (conducted by AIMS), CMAT (conducted by AICTE, New Delhi) for the Academic Year 2018-2019.
- If the candidate has failed and applied for revaluation of the result, in such cases the admission to such candidate will be on provisional basis subject to the condition that he/she will pass the examination with the required percentage of marks on or before 10th August, 2018. Undertaking from such candidates shall be taken for forfeiting the right of admission and fees paid in case of not securing required percentage of marks in qualifying examination. In case, the candidate fails to produce the results of the final year examination on or before 10th August, 2018, then admission offered to such candidate automatically gets cancelled and the fees (tuition, development and other fees) paid by the candidate for the academic year 2018-2019 stands forfeited.
- Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) conducted by the Institute.
- Candidates should be of an Indian Nationality / Origin.
- All those, who apply on the basis of CET-MAH-MBA/MMS (conducted by DTE, Maharashtra State), CAT, MAT, XAT, ATMA, CMAT (conducted by AICTE, New Delhi) Entrance Test score will be called for GD & PI. The Institute will conduct the GD & PI. The merit list and wait listed candidates’ list will be prepared on the basis of the following criteria:
Entrance Test Scores scaled down to 80 marks : 80 marks
Group Discussion : 50 marks
Personal Interview : 45 marks
Past Academic performance: 20 marks
Sports/ Extra Curricular Activities: 05 marks
Total : 200 marks
- The merit list will be displayed on the Notice Board in order of merit.
- GD / PI fees ₹ 500/- is payable in cash at the Institute on the day of GD / PI.
- Candidates who remain absent for either GD or the PI shall be treated as not an eligible candidate for the admission to the course. It is mandatory for eligible candidate to attend both GD & PI without fail for the admission to the course.
- PGDM & PGDM-Marketing – ₹ 3,30,000/- p.a.*
- PGDM-Retail – ₹ 2,20,000/- p.a.*
- Library / Computer Laboratory deposit of ₹ 10,000/- (Refundable) to be paid separately by DD / PO.
- ₹ 500/- towards Alumni Association fees to be paid in second year.
- ₹ 500/- towards Convocation Fees to be paid in second year.
- Fees payable by Demand Draft / PO drawn in favour of “Chetana’s Institute of Management & Research”, payable at Mumbai.
(* Subject to revision. )
Cancellation / Refund Rules:
The candidate who has been provisionally admitted may cancel admission by submitting a written application. Refund shall be made as per the rules prescribed by the Institute / AICTE. Notice in this regard, shall be displayed on the notice board.
Library / Computer laboratory deposit of ₹ 10,000/- will be refunded only after successfully completion of the Programmme. After submitting of refund application and no due certificates from the departments.
Bifurcation of Marks of Past Academic Record, Sports/ Extra-curricular activities & Work Experience
|The Past Academic Record (PAR) / Sports/ Extra-curricular activities of the Candidates will be evaluated as shown below|
|75% & above in X Standard / Equivalent Examination||8|
|70% & above but less than 75% in X Standard / Equivalent Examination||6|
|60% & above but less than 70% in X Standard / Equivalent Examination||2|
|less than 60% in X Standard / Equivalent Examination||0|
|75% & above in XII Standard / Equivalent Examination||8|
|70% & above but less than 75% in XII Standard / Equivalent Examination||6|
|60% & above but less than 70% in XII Standard / Equivalent Examination||2|
|less than 60% in XII Standard / Equivalent Examination||0|
|75% & above in Graduation/Post Graduation / Professional Course||4|
|60% & above but less than 75% in Graduation / Post Graduation/ Professional Course||2|
|less than 60% in Graduation/Post Graduation / Professional Course||0|
|Total Past Academic Record Marks||20*|
|Participation in Sports/Extra-curricular activities at University/District/State/National/international Level||3|
|Awards & Rewards||2|
|for non participation||0|
|Total Sports/Extra-curricular activities Marks||5**|
|Work experience marks will be considered in the interview parameters by the interviewer, which are as given below subject to submission of “Proforma A”
The Work Experience (WE) of the Candidates will be evaluated as shown below.
|5 years & above||5|
|4 years & above but less than 5 years||4|
|3 years & above but less than 4 years||3|
|2 years & above but less than 3 years||2|
|1 year & above but less than 2 years||1|
|less than 1 year||0|
|Total Work Experience Marks||5***|
* For candidates who have joined Engineering Degree course after successfully completing their Diploma Programmes, final year examination of the Diploma Programme conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education/ its equivalent will be considered as an examination equivalent to XII standard examination.
**The Institute reserves the right to accept or reject the specified achievement.
***Paid and full time work experience acquired by candidate after passing qualifying examination, as on 27th February, 2018 in a company registered in India/Abroad and listed on any of the Stock Exchanges or in Central/ State/ Semi-Government organization, Public Sector Undertakings will be considered for grant of work experience marks. The work experience shall not include the duration under the Apprenticeship, Articleship. Internship, etc. Use Proforma-A for the submission of Work Experience Certificate.
Marks will not be granted if the Proforma-A and supporting documents of work experience is not submitted within the scheduled time. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to see that the Proforma-A and supporting documents of work experience are submitted within the scheduled time.
|Name of the Course||Part Time / Full Time||
|PGDM General||Full Time||2 Years||180|
|PGDM Marketing||Full Time||2 Years||60|
|PGDM Retail||Full Time||2 Years||30|
Under special circumstances, if need arises, the management reserve the right to change the eligibility criteria and the selection procedure to accommodate otherwise deserving candidates.
Attested Documents to be submitted at the time of Admission Candidates are required to submit the copies of following documents:
- One set of statement of marks of SSC, HSC and Graduation with Degree Certificate. The candidates appeared for the Final Year examination must produce the marks sheets for the bachelor degree on or before 10th August, 2018.
- Valid CET / CAT / MAT / XAT/ ATMA / CMAT Score Card
(Converted into CET Score card)
- One Passport size colour photograph (formal)
- Demand Draft for payment of fees.
- GAP Certificate / Affidavit
- Certificate of Indian Nationality in the name of the candidate
- School Leaving Certificate for Date of Birth
- Online Registration for Anti Ragging Programme Affidavits is mandatory through www.amanmovement.org
The Institute reserves the right to refuse or accept any applications without assigning any reason / justification.
Medium of Instruction:
The medium of instruction for the PGDM, PGDM-Marketing, PGDM-Retail programme is English.
Disputes if any, shall be subject to Mumbai Jurisdiction.