The most prestigious Khandelwal Case Study Competition of the Institute was held on Monday 27th March 2017.
In its 24th year, the National level Rolling Trophy Competition received an overwhelming response from 80 Institutes across the country. The challenge was to promote “Cashless Society” and suggest a feasible strategy to increase the cashless transaction of BPCL retail from its existing level of 13%.
All the participating teams submitted their innovative ideas with primary research. It was a tough task for the judges of preliminary round to decide on the final eight teams. The finalist for the grand finale were from:
- IIM, Udaipur
- Vinod Gupta School of Management (IIT) Kharagpur
- Alkesh Dinesh Modi Institute and
- SIESCOM, Mumbai.
The panel of judges for the final round comprised of
- Mr. Kiran Umrootkar (Director – Saraswat Co-operative Bank Ltd)
- Mr. Sadanand Patil (Senior Vice President – Axis Bank)
- Mr. S. Abbas Akhtar (Chief Manager – Brand & BPCL First, Retail HQ) and
- Mr. Sukhmal Jain (Deputy General Manager, Sales, Retail Business of BPCL)
The winning Teams were:
- First Prize of Rs.50,000 & the rolling trophy : Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Second Prize of Rs.30,000 : Chetana’s Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
- Third Prize of Rs.20,000: SIESCOM, Mumbai
Like last three years, the event was sponsored by BPCL as “Knowledge Partner”.